Conventional Braces in Grand Prairie
Top-Quality Orthodontics Since 1988
When you think of conventional braces, you probably think of metal wires running through brackets affixed to the teeth. With the advent of alternative teeth-straightening solutions, like Invisalign, this treatment is commonly referred to as conventional, or traditional, braces. It is still one of the most effective options for straightening teeth, especially for severe alignment issues.
If you are looking into your options for conventional braces in Grand Prairie, turn to Grand Prairie Family Dental, PLLC. With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Behrooz Khademazad and his well-trained team have the expertise to handle any orthodontic issue you may be facing, large or small. We only use the highest quality equipment to ensure you have the most comfortable and successful treatment possible.
What to Expect as You Get Started with Conventional Braces
Getting conventional braces is easier than you think. Conventional braces work using individual brackets and archwires to move your teeth into position. Each bracket is fitted to the surface of your tooth and the archwire is slotted into these brackets. As the archwire attempts to straighten using light force from elastic bands, it gradually moves your teeth into their desired position.
If you are considering traditional braces for yourself or your child, you might want to know what the process involves:
- Consultation: At Grand Prairie Family Dental, PLLC, we begin the process with a consultation. During this exam, our orthodontist will evaluate your teeth and make recommendations concerning your treatment. This is also a time where we can answer any questions that you may have about getting braces.
- Formulation: Based on your specific needs, we will get to work on building a customized treatment plan. This could involve getting digital x-rays of your mouth and teeth. If your teeth are too tight, we may insert spacers to prepare them for conventional braces. We will also need to take an impression of your teeth so that we can create an accurate mold.
- Preparation: The first step to getting conventional braces is getting your teeth professionally cleaned. If you have any pre-existing conditions, such as tooth decay, gingivitis, or periodontal disease, Dr. Khademazad may recommend that you take care of these issues prior to getting braces.
- Installation: When the day comes to put the braces on, the procedure is painless. The process may take about two hours. During this time, we will attach the brackets to your teeth. This is achieved by placing a special adhesive on your teeth. Once the brackets are in place, we use a curing light to harden the adhesive and set the bond. The final step involves running the archwire through the brackets and then placing the ligature bands to hold it in place.
- Follow-up: Once your conventional braces are on, you may experience temporary, minor discomfort for a few days. Your first follow-up appointment will be set for four to eight weeks away. When you come in, we will make sure everything is going as planned and make any necessary adjustments. You will keep your braces on for 18 to 24 months.
- Follow-up appointments will continue to be arranged for every four to eight weeks.
- Completion: When the conventional braces have done their job, we will set up an appointment to remove the equipment. The process is fast and painless. We will pull off the brackets, remove the bonding material, and polish the enamel. The result is a new perfect smile that you will be proud to show off.
Are You Ready for Your Best Smile?
Now that you know what you can expect with conventional braces in Grand Prairie, it is time to take the next step. Reach out to Dr. Khademazad at Grand Prairie Family Dental, PLLC to schedule a consultation.
Contact our team today to speak with our caring orthodontics team.
"What an amazing place! My whole family comes to this office. Everyone here is so nice and welcoming. The staff is very knowledgeable and takes care of your needs. Dr. K is great at what he does and does all procedures in house. One stop shop for your dental needs!"
"I've been coming to GP Dental for a few years now and I'm very pleased with the work they do. They have your Dental needs and health in your best interest. Dr. K and his staff are great people and make your Dental experience as pleasant as possible. I highly recommend them."
"Grand Prairie Family Dental is an awesome facility. The entire staff are so pleasant and comforting. Dr K is gentle, caring and compassionate while being totally professional. I came to this office with an emergency that was quickly and thoroughly resolved."
"My experience with doctor K has been awesome. He’s gentle and makes me comfortable once I’m in his chair. We always follow up with me to make sure I’m ok. The staff is always friendly and very helpful. I would recommend them to anyone."
"Great dental hygienist -- very thorough! And as always Dr. Behrooz is caring, competent, encouraging and very professional -- always keeping up with the latest technology to help ensure he takes the best care of his patients!"